Child Care Alliance of Los Angeles
The Registry Operations Manager is responsible for the supervision of Data Entry Supervisors and staff, customer service for Registry users, and the operational management of the California Early Care & Education (ECE) Workforce Registry (Registry) to ensure that all operations are performed in a timely, cost-effective manner consistent with established procedures and requirements. The Child Care Alliance of Los Angeles (CCALA) manages the development, operations, finances, outreach, and data entry and data quality processes for the Registry.
The Registry is an information system that serves the ECE workforce as well as local and state program and policy makers, and researchers. The Registry system collects, verifies and records demographic, education, training, and employment data about the ECE workforce. Additionally the Registry provides tools and resources for users to access various ECE professional development and activities. Registry data is used for many purposes including planning professional development programs for individuals in the workforce, policy development and decision making, accountability and evaluation. The ECE workforce includes home-based and center-based child care providers as well as those who work in ECE support positions. The ECE workforce is very diverse with regards to language, ethnicity, socio-economic and education levels and access to resources and technology.
The primary functions of the Registry Office are data management, data quality, reporting, user outreach, and user support. The Operations Manager oversees the Registry Office and works with the Registry Director to develop, implement, and manage all data policies, procedures, and operations and build and maintain relationships with project funders, partners and with CCALA partner agency staff throughout the county. This full-time position provides a competitive salary, commensurate with prior experience, education, skills and abilities. The salary range is $68,000 – $75,000 annually. The Child Care Alliance of Los Angeles is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- BA/BS degree in business and/or social sciences or related field required
- Experience interacting with different stakeholders; ability to work well with various staff from different independent agencies and constituent groups.
- Experience managing, coordinating or overseeing projects, departments, and staff
- Direct experience managing data systems, data entry, and data protocols and writing policies and procedures to support these areas
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with others at all levels of an organization
- Experience and ability to work well with diverse client populations
- Adept with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Effective project management capabilities
- Good problem solving skills
- Leadership abilities and supervisory skills
- Ability to exercise confidentiality, discretion and good judgement
- Familiarity with child care provider population in LA County
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of data systems, data collection and reporting practices
- Valid CA driver’s license and insurance coverage which meets CA standards if using personal vehicle for work related duties and/or tasks
- Bilingual Spanish-English preferred
- Directly supervise 4 employees: 3 Data Supervisors and 1 Registry Program Assistant.
- Indirectly supervise Data Entry Specialists.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; appraise and follow up on performance; address complaints and resolve problems.
- Develop and maintain data entry and quality assurance procedures and protocols.
- Coordinate and oversee Registry operations including entering and processing data, implementing quality assurance processes, maintaining current data and data integrity, and supporting Registry users.
- Work in close collaboration with the Registry Director to support ongoing development and improvements to the Registry to ensure project success.
- Perform workflow analysis and develop methods for data entry and helpdesk support.
- Track progress to ensure completion of project deliverables.
- Review data, write reports and disseminate project information as required and/or necessary.
- Coordinate, oversee, and carry out quality assurance practices per policies and procedures.
- Track/monitor progress of data entry and data policies, procedures and plans.
- Monitor and address data security issues and quality issues; Develop and/or update policies & procedures for data processes as needed or outlined in the Scope of Work.
- Manage the administrative access and employment verification processes.
- Ensure various Registry functions and processes are efficient and effective; implement and maintain continuous quality improvement process and activities.
- Provide technical assistance, training and support to Registry staff, users and partners as needed or necessary.
- Coordinate Registry data entry and operations integration with Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS), Workforce Pathways Stipends, and other initiatives in statewide.
- Build trusting relationships with funding agencies and staff of various collaborative agencies.
- Participate in events as needed to help maintain CCALA and Registry visibility with funders and other current and potential stakeholders.
- Attend designated community meetings and other meetings, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Registry Director.
For immediate consideration, send resume and cover letter to Elise Crane, Registry Director at email@example.com. Please include the position title in subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org