The Cataloging and Metadata Librarian is responsible for providing bibliographic access and control through management of cataloging and metadata operations for a multi-library system. The librarian will lead planning, evaluation, and implementation of metadata and cataloging policies, standards, procedures, and workflows. The incumbent will report to the Head of Academic Information Resources and collaborate closely with the Electronic Resource Management Committee. The Cataloging and Metadata Librarian will support the Creighton University libraries in Omaha and the digital health sciences library on our new campus in Phoenix.
- Master of Library Sciences (MLS) from an ALA accredited program
- Minimum of 2 years of related library experience in an academic library, 3-5 years’ experience preferred
- Knowledge of current standards for bibliographic and authority records, such as Resource Description and Access (RDA) and MARC21.
- Demonstrated experience using cataloging tools, such as OCLC Connexion, OCLC Record Manager, and MarcEdit to perform original and copy cataloging within an integrated library system.
- In-depth knowledge of Library of Congress (LC) and National Library of Medicine (NLM) classification standards.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Experience with Ex Libris Alma integrated library system.
- Knowledge of trends in cataloging and metadata operations.
- Adaptability; innovative and creative thinking.
- Strong collaboration, teamwork, and human relations skills.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.