Website California State University Northridge Oviatt Library
In support of its service and information literacy mission, the Oviatt Library at California State University, Northridge, seeks an innovative and self-motivated librarian to provide outreach and promotion of the Teacher Curriculum Center (TCC), and information literacy instruction and research consultation services to the students and faculty in the Michael D. Eisner College of Education. The selected candidate will participate in collection development for the disciplines of Education and Deaf Studies, K-12 curricular materials, the Sharon Fogarty Young Readers Collection, and the Dr. Karin J. Duran TCC Collection.
The selected candidate provides general and/or discipline-specific library and information literacy instructional services. Develops discipline-specific online research guides and/or digital learning objects (DLOs) in support of student research needs. Provides on-call and online/digital reference and research assistance, and may contribute to outreach activities. Also provides outreach to local K-12 schools and teachers to promote the TCC, and to determine which textbooks are currently in use in their classrooms.
The Dr. Karin J. Duran and Richard Nupoll Education Librarian also will be known as the TCC Librarian.
This is a 12-month, full-time, tenure-track faculty position at the Senior Assistant Librarian or Associate Librarian level, with attendant expectations for professional competence, service, and scholarship. Some evening and weekend work is required. The successful candidate will be held to the standards and requirements of the college and department in which he/she is housed for recommending tenure and promotion.
- Master’s degree in information and/or library science from an ALA-accredited school, or equivalent degree if earned from outside the U.S. or Canada;
- Experience providing in-person reference/research assistance in an academic or school library;
- Experience providing information literacy instruction;
- Knowledge of education information resources and/or academic coursework in education or related disciplines;
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to effectively work with students from diverse backgrounds and to working in a diverse campus community;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills;
- Commitment to engage in research and continued professional development worthy of promotion and tenure in the California State University system.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Education (or equivalent degree leading to a teaching credential) and/or demonstrated significant experience in Education (applying learning theories and varied pedagogical approaches, knowledge of the scholarship of education, knowledge of California state-adopted curriculum materials, school leadership, Los Angeles Unified School District ((LAUSD)), etc.);
- Experience with research and practice in the field of Education, including K-12, Higher Education, and teacher training. Evidence of effective outreach and delivery of programming to key stakeholder groups;
- Familiarity with teaching with education subject data sets and community-related statistical data;
- Familiarity with juvenile and young adult literature;
At time of appointment, the successful candidate, if not a U.S. citizen, must have authorization from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to work in the United States.
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com.