Oklahoma State University
The Oklahoma State University Library seeks creative, tenure-track faculty members with a passion for web technologies, who are eager to drive their own projects, innovate, and take on challenges. Library faculty are engaged in the OSU academic research lifecycle and develop collaborations with other faculty, researchers, students, and partners. Additionally, a successful candidate will demonstrate collegiality, an appreciation for diversity, and the ability to foster an inclusive and collaborative environment.
- Manage the design, maintenance, and support of the library’s website
- Explore technologies to improve access to library resources, services, and information
- Manage the library’s suite of Springshare products
- Assist students, faculty, and staff with research questions via a variety of channels
- Provide support, consultation, and training to faculty and students regarding digital tools/platforms to enhance engagement in research, teaching, and learning
- A master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program, or a master’s degree in a relevant field
- Familiarity with MODx Revolution, OmniUpdate, or similar web content management system
- Knowledge of interface design standards, information architecture, usability testing, and web accessibility guidelines (e.g. WCAG)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Dedication to excellent customer service
- Ability to meet university requirements in keeping with a tenure-track faculty position, including scholarly and creative activities, and service
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Collegiality and an appreciation for diverse constituencies.
- One to two years of relevant experience within an academic or research library
- Experience with Springshare Products
- Experience with learning management systems, such as Canvas
- Familiarity with Ex Libris Alma and Primo systems
The position starts at $55,000 annually for this 11-month position with a benefits package, including a generous holiday schedule and leave accrual. You will be offered start-up funding for research or travel, have access to a full communication team to help develop and deliver your message, and have the flexibility to cultivate programming from the ground up.
Application review begins May 20, 2021, and continues until position is filled. For consideration of your application materials, you should apply through the University’s website at https://jobs.okstate.edu.
To apply for this job please visit okstate.csod.com.