University of Wyoming
The University of Wyoming Libraries invites applicants for a Resource Acquisition and Management Librarian. This position is part of a team that acquires, maintains, and assesses library collections in support of learning, teaching, and research in alignment with the university’s and Libraries’ strategic directions. This position reports to the Assistant Dean for Resource Discovery & Management.
- Collaborate with the collections, acquisitions, electronic resources, discovery teams, and other teams, units, and departments to accomplish goals.
- Work with university and library colleagues to ensure current collections meet an evolving and growing university’s needs, with diverse viewpoints, interests, abilities, and perspectives, and support the university and libraries’ strategic plans.
- Make recommendations for budget allocations and expenditures in all formats.
- Participate in Open Access publishing and Open Educational Resources initiatives.
- Participate in the life cycle of collection activities
- Communicate, interact and negotiate with vendors, publishers, and library consortia for selection and evaluation of library resources.
- Effectively communicate with library, university, and other users of UW-provided resources about usage, needs, training, and decision-making
- Represent the division and libraries on committees as requested.
- Collaborate on gathering and evaluating data from multiple sources, including usage data, collection and expenditure data, and other data as needed for both decision making and reporting.
- Document policies and procedures to ensure consistent practices.
- Participate in qualitative and quantitative analyses to support informed recommendations on collection directions.
- As a member of the library faculty, the successful candidate is expected to pursue an active and ongoing program of research, service, and professional development. (https://www.uwyo.edu/regs-policies/_files/docs/regulations-2020/uw_reg_2-1_approved_10-14-20.pdf).
- ALA-accredited MLS, MLIS or equivalent
- One year of collections-related library experience, such as collection management, collection development, electronic resource management, collection assessment, or related.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and contribute as a member of a team, committee, or working group
- Knowledge and understanding of, and commitment to, modern and evolving collections practices, standards, and trends
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Experience supporting or managing library or related collections
- Experience with or knowledge of current acquisition models in libraries
- Experience using or promoting Open Access publishing or Open Educational Resources and knowledge of the landscape/issues
- Experience working with vendors on materials acquisition
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email email@example.com .