Website Arnold & Porter
The Research Services Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Research Analyst to join our energetic, creative, and global service team. The position covers the hours between 9:00 am. – 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time, Monday-Friday, and can be associated with any of the following A&P offices: San Francisco, Silicon Valley, or Los Angeles.
Under the direction of the firmwide Research Services management team, Research Analysts respond to research and reference requests from attorneys, legal assistants and administrative personnel in all A&P offices and serve as liaisons to designated practice and industry groups. Research Analysts also assist with current awareness monitoring, curated news preparation, collection development, and other department activities.
- Collaborating with colleagues in the U.S. and abroad to perform legal, business and scientific reference and research using a variety of free and fee-based databases and web sites.
- Working with designated practice and industry groups to promote and raise awareness of research tools and services by offering targeted research and curated reports, orientations and training, and assistance with collection development by evaluating products and recommending changes.
- Assisting with current awareness services by developing requests, monitoring output and summarizing results.
- Contributing to the development of content for the intranet.
- MLS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited school.
- A minimum of two (2) years of recent, professional-level legal and business research experience, preferably in a law firm or other similar environment.
- Demonstrated ability to make cost-effective use of a wide range of print and online resources, including Westlaw, Lexis Advance, Law 360, Wolters Kluwer, and Bloomberg BNA.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Familiarity with the Quest ticketing system is a plus.
- Strong client service orientation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, prioritizing multiple projects and assignments.
- Ability to analyze, cull and summarize search results.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
To apply for this job please visit www.arnoldporter.com.