Website Arizona State University Library
ASU Library seeks a highly motivated, collaborative and service-oriented Lead for Specialized Resources Description and Processing to support discovery and access to the Library’s specialized collections and digital repository resources. The incumbent provides leadership and expertise in the creation, maintenance and management of metadata for specialized and digital resources and is responsible for managing the Specialized Resources Description and Processing Team, which currently consists of three staff members and one academic professional.
Reporting to the Head of Acquisitions and Metadata Services, the Lead for Specialized Resources Description and Processing works collaboratively with repository services, Distinctive Collections, Archives, and other stakeholders within and outside the Library to develop workflows and coordinate metadata projects for print and digital specialized collections and institutional repository resources. The Lead for Specialized Resources Description and Processing provides training to unit and other Library staff, participates in the governance and general management of the unit, and maintains a high-level working knowledge of national and international theory and practice pertaining to librarianship, specifically in the areas of metadata management and resource description. This is a continuing track Academic Professional position; Assistant/Associate Librarian and salary dependent upon experience.
- Master’s degree in library and/or information science from an American Library Association accredited program or equivalent advanced degree.
- Minimum of two years of supervisory and/or management experience.
- Minimum of three years of cataloging and/or metadata experience.
- A statement addressing how your past and/or potential contributions to social justice, diversity, equity and/or inclusion will advance ASU Library’s commitment to inclusive excellence.
- Experience with RDA, AACR2, MARC, LCSH, LC Classification, MODS, EAD, Dublin Core, DCRM(B), DACS, and/or CCO.
- Experience providing original cataloging for specialized/distinctive collections and/or rare books, preferably in a large research library.
- Experience with OpenRefine, MARC Edit and/or other data remediation tools.
- Knowledge of emerging practices related to linked data, RDF, and/or BIBFRAME.
- Experience with transformation tools and scripting languages such as Python, XSLT, and/or XML, etc.
- Experience with processing of archives and/or special collections materials.
- Knowledge of authority control processes and NACO.
- Experience with OCLC or similar utility and its practice.
- Training experience.
- Reading knowledge of one or more languages other than English.
To apply, send a cover letter, comprehensive vita or resume, and names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of 3 recent professional references. The applicant’s last name should appear in each uploaded file name. Questions about the position should be directed to the search committee chair at: Daniel.Jergovic@asu.edu. Application deadline is June 30, 2021. Applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis for a reserve pool. Applications in the reserve pool may then be reviewed in the order in which they were received until position is filled.
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com.