American Library Association
The American Library Association seeks a Membership Marketing & Engagement Manager to serve a critical role in growing and engaging the membership community at ALA and ultimately increasing ALA’s membership market share. This is a role that requires key relationship building skills, a creative mindset and critical thinking abilities. By creating and executing integrated membership marketing campaigns, and outlining the member journey, this position supports the retention of current members, especially new members, and those new to the profession (including graduating MLIS Students). This position will also work across the organization to identify non-member purchasers, attendees, students, etc. and will build campaigns to encourage membership conversions. Will analyze data about our members to inform future campaigns, increase conversions and deepen engagement. Will be responsible for maintaining membership’s digital assets including our website and email platforms.
This is a full-time, grant-funded, position based in Chicago, IL. The grant funding requires reporting and renewal and is currently projected for up to a year, but the position may be extended if operational budget permits. Starting Salary: Negotiable from the mid-60s, based on relevant experience. ALA offers a 35-hour work week, excellent benefit package including low-cost medical/dental insurance, retirement annuity and generous paid vacation.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Build annual plan and tactics for integrated membership marketing campaigns to increase annual recruitment and retention.
Establish a strategy to engage graduating students as they transition into library employment to convert them into full dues-paying members.
- Analyze marketing engagement data to determine opportunities and membership pathways. Work with the Director, Member Relations &
- Services to create member journey maps using this data to inform our marketing and communications strategies.
- Work cross-functionally to remain aware of leadership opportunities and resources across the organization and build automated membership campaigns to increase engagement.
- Manage membership digital assets including online member center, membership web pages and emails with the goal of increasing conversions and capturing information about potential members.
- Write and implement outreach in all channels (e.g., website and emails) that includes clear, persuasive messaging effectively capturing and promoting benefits, value of renewal, testimonials, and special offers.
- Work with Director on budget planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business, marketing, communications, or journalism.
- Three to five year’s total marketing experience, preferably with 1-3 years of association membership marketing experience.
- Demonstrated record of success in increasing membership market share.
- Informz and Drupal experience strongly preferred. Preferred knowledge of iMIS
- Innovative, creative marketing and messaging
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to organize materials and information with attention to detail/ accuracy/ follow-through.
- Ability to interpret data to inform membership journeys and customer pathways.
- Customer service and interpersonal skills
To apply for this job please visit diversityjobs.com.