University of Saint Mary
This full-time position, based on the Leavenworth campus, and works from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. M-F. Hours may include some evening and weekend hours when required for the department.
- Explores, develops, promotes, and assesses innovative technology tools and related services for library learners and identifies learning and engagement opportunities to support student research and promote student success.
- Collaborates with library colleagues to provide point of need reference services, course-integrated library instruction, library workshops, and a variety of outreach activities.
- Manages the library MakerSpace and Active Learning collections, including equipment and supply maintenance, outreach, and instruction.
- Leads the hiring, training and supervision of student assistants in the library and coordinates with Research Services Assistants for daily supervision responsibilities of student assistants.
- Oversees Access services functions such as, but not limited to, opening and closing the library, circulation processes, shelving, fines and billing, interlibrary loan, reserves.
- Oversees circulating collection’s maintenance, including copy cataloging of purchased or donated materials, weeding, and general collection maintenance
- Participates in library staff meetings, regional access services and emerging technology related meetings and communicates relevant information to supervisor
- Confers regularly with supervisor reviewing, suggesting, and developing new activities, policies, procedures and services consistent with the library’s mission.
- Coordinate KLC space reservations; schedule and maintain a calendar of events including setup and tear-down of events.
- Serve as the professional staff member to open the Keleher Learning Commons Monday-Friday and work with students, faculty, staff, and community members needing assistance at the Keleher Learning Commons Help Desk.
- Create course materials and curriculum content (print and digital) supporting the instruction program, including the creation and enhancement of online learning objects such as specialized research guides and multimedia tutorials.
- Collaborate with faculty to deliver information literacy instruction face-to-face and online, both synchronously and asynchronously.
- Develop and coordinate activities to promote and publicize KLC services.
- Manages the library’s social media in collaboration with library staff under the supervision of the Library Director.
- Hire, train, coordinate, and evaluate KLC Peer Tutors.
- Serve as primary contact for supplies, maintenance, printing, and other services for the Keleher Learning Commons.
- Serve on university and consortium committees as representative of the library
- Participate in local, regional, or national library community
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement of services and resources utilizing evidence-based decision-making
- Complete other duties assigned in support of the University of Saint Mary’s mission.
- Master’s degree in Library or Information Science from an ALA-accredited program (those completing a degree by summer 2021 are encouraged to apply)
- Demonstrated proficiency in customer service through engaging and interacting with patrons.
- Demonstrated customer service experience and strong communication skills
- Experience with instructional technologies and support for in-person, blended, and remote/online learning
- Awareness of accessibility guidelines and how they relate to libraries and library resources
- Experience using MS Office software: Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook
- Creative and analytical thinking
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment
- Evidence of professional initiative and flexibility
- Affinity with the overall mission of the University of Saint Mary
To apply for this job please visit www.simplyhired.com.