Website Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
Reporting to the Public Services Supervisor, the part-time Library Assistant will support the daily activities of the Reference and Public Services department at the Margaret Herrick Library and will work on a variety of complex tasks and projects for other departments as assigned.
· Assist library patrons at the Service, Special Collections and Orientation desks.
· Provide retrieval and photocopying services for library users.
· Train patrons in the use and handling of library materials and equipment (i.e., e-readers, audio equipment, microfiche/microfilm readers).
· Maintain knowledge of the classification systems for Core Collection materials, and undertake clipping and indexing assignments as directed.
· Fully understand reproduction policies for all types of materials and exercise judgment with regard to handling rare and fragile library materials.
· Undertake specialized assignments for the Technical Services Department and Core Collection Reference Files, and other departments as necessary.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, preferably in film studies or related discipline.
· Strong customer service background and service orientation with a professional demeanor.
· Knowledge of film history and familiarity with print and online film research resources desirable.
· Experience with basic software systems, including Microsoft Office; working knowledge of library software and databases preferred.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially interpersonal.
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues, administrators and patrons in a sometimes stressful environment.
· Meticulous attention to detail with strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple projects and change priorities.
· Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to lift up to 25 lbs., ascend and descend stairways, and kneel, bend and/or stoop to access filed materials.
· Must be available to work Tuesday evenings and Saturdays as required.
To apply for this job please visit www.oscars.org.