- This event has passed.
Los Angeles Historic Buildings Wikipedia Edit-a-Thon
OpenUCLA Virtual Wikipedia Edit-a-Thon in Collaboration with Los Angeles Public Library
Please join us for a Virtual Wikipedia Edit-a-thon in collaboration with Los Angeles Public Library (LAPL) and in conjunction with OpenUCLA, a Centennial Initiative. The theme for this Edit-a-thon is Los Angeles Historic Buildings. Please distribute this information to your departments.
UCLA and LAPL librarians will be present to lead you through the process of creating an account and adding evidence-based resources to improve the quality of information throughout Wikipedia. The format for the virtual Edit-a-thon will be a Zoom meeting with the ability to drop in to suit your schedule. There will be brief overviews at 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. followed by real-time editing opportunities for participants.
How to sign up:
RSVP here by Tuesday, June 9, 2020. A Zoom link to the Wikipedia Edit-a-thon will be sent to participants on or prior to June 10.
The OpenUCLA Virtual Wikipedia Edit-a-thon Planning Team:
- Nora Franco, Consumer Health Librarian
- Nisha Mody, Health & Life Sciences Librarian
- Lisa Moske, OpenUCLA Project Manager
- Edwin Rodarte, Senior Librarian, Emerging Technologies & Collections
- Lorena Villegas, Young Adult Librarian
- Christina Young, Librarian, Lifelong Learning Engagement
For more information, visit