The University at Buffalo Libraries seek a service-oriented, detail-driven Electronic Resources Systems Librarian (Instructional Support Technician) to join a team of dedicated professionals in the Discovery Services unit who work to provide library users with the resources they need for research, learning and teaching. The Electronic Resources Systems Librarian is responsible for e-book management, including the review and batch loading of records, investigating technical issues in regard to access problems, determining appropriate collections for purchased materials and troubleshooting system functionality issues.
As the Electronic Resources Systems Librarian, your key responsibilities will include:
- Batch loading of MARC records into Alma (the University Libraries’ Services Platform) for all e-resources formats acquired by the University Libraries, including government documents.
- Managing current titles available through all University Library licensed e-book platforms.
- Updating and creating portfolio records in Alma, identifying records and collections in Alma Community Zone (CZ) or when warranted, loading available collections from OCLC Collection Manager.
- Keeping collections current using KBART files, spreadsheets, MARC files and other resources.
- Providing technical support for electronic resources (databases, journals, and e-books) for the Libraries, ensuring that these collections are available to the University’s research, teaching and learning communities.
- Collaborating with the E-Resources Team and other relevant parties to investigate technical issues with Alma/Primo VE including access issues, functionality issues, or lack of appropriate collections for purchased materials.
- Reviewing the metadata in available records, comparing available titles with vendor title lists when available, and assessing overall metadata quality.
The activities of the Discovery Services unit are fully automated and require extensive and ongoing use of sophisticated technology. There will be many opportunities to collaborate and consult with fellow Discovery Services team members to help make operations more effective and responsive to the needs of library users.
We invite individuals to apply whose perspectives and experiences will enrich and strengthen our organization. The library serves an increasingly diverse constituency of patrons, and our employees, services, collections, and policies strive to honor and reflect this diversity. We encourage candidates who thrive in a welcoming multicultural environment to apply.
Salary range is $53,000 – $60,000
To be considered for this position, applicants must apply via the UB Jobs site. At the time of hire, applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for a period of at least two years. In your cover letter, please highlight the most relevant qualifications you would bring to this position based on the posting, and tell us how your background, perspective, and experience will help us fulfill our mission and meet our goals. All candidates who are contacted by the search committee should be prepared to discuss how they see themselves contributing to the University’s equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts.
The deadline for applications is May 27, 2022. We anticipate filling this position by August 2022.
The University at Buffalo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, women, veterans, disabled individuals, and other protected groups in order to build a culturally diverse and pluralistic University community.