The J. Murrey Atkins Library at UNC Charlotte is seeking a Discovery and Systems Librarian to lead and manage integrated library systems (ILS) and library services platforms (LSP) for cataloging and acquisitions modules, focusing on system configuration, troubleshooting, training, analytics, and documentation. The librarian collects and manages departmental and collection statistics processes. The Librarian works collaboratively with other departments to develop and implement efficiencies in technology use and workflow related to batch loads, data normalization, and other bibliographic maintenance.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Demonstrated knowledge of working with integrated library systems (ILS) and/or library services platforms (LSP).
- Experience with ExLibris’s Alma/Primo platform is highly desirable.
- Experience determining and configuring back-end functionality in an ILS (configuring cataloging rules, import tables, etc.)
- Familiarity with networking concepts such as security certificates, domain name systems, port numbers.
- Knowledge of current and emerging models and tools used by libraries for resource discovery.
- Three years of recent cataloging/metadata experience in an academic or research library.
- Knowledge of current descriptive and subject cataloging practices such as RDA, AACR2, LCSH, LCC, MARC21 formats, and authority control.
- Proficiency with software programs/products associated with library functions (e.g., Alma, Primo, OpenAthens, OCLC systems and services, MARCEdit, OpenRefine, etc.). Preferred: familiarity with PHP or Python, XML/XSLT, SQL and API web services.
- Demonstrated ability to perform detail-oriented and repetitive tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Experience with bulk importing and exporting of cataloging/metadata records.
- Experience developing cataloging/metadata policies and creating documentation to improve communication and processes.
- Familiarity with emerging trends in linked data, such as BIBFRAME, RDF, SKOS, etc.
For a full job description and additional information visit our Web site at https://jobs.charlotte.edu/postings/37558.