Brigham Young University
Master of Library Science (MLS) degree from an ALA-accredited institution OR (1) a bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, data science, or a related social science field OR (2) five years of associated academic library experience OR If the applicant does not have an MLS, a master’s or doctoral degree in economics, finance, data science, or a related social science field is required. Individuals hired without an MLS must complete the MLS degree within a specific period of time. They will be provided a minimum of 36 months from date of hire.
- Demonstrated understanding of research processes in a range of social sciences, and experience working with large data sets and repositories, including relevant tools and methodologies, and knowledge of research data lifecycles, including acquisition, curation and management, analysis and presentation, sharing, and preservation.
- Ability to provide advanced research assistance and to participate in outreach programs such as course-integrated instruction, exhibits, and presentations in assigned subject areas and in aspects of data literacy including the discovery, cleaning, management, ethical use, preservation, and sharing of data.
- Subject expertise in assigned areas at sufficient levels to assess the curricular and research needs of the university, and to build collections to meet those needs.
- Meet and communicate regularly with teaching faculty in assigned academic departments.
- Develop collections and manage content in the assigned areas,
- Promote and provide Instruction in information literacy,
- Provide reference/research support,
- Develop innovative services and resources to support data literacy and management, including the discovery, mining, analysis, visualization, curation, preservation, ethical use, and sharing of data, especially in the assigned subject areas and other social sciences.
- Work closely with stakeholders in the library and across campus to cultivate data literacy, acquire and provide access to large data sets, and design and implement sustainable service models for data services and curation.
For a copy of the full job description please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits include support for research, presenting, and publishing along with vacation, insurance, Employer Discretionary Retirement Contributions, employer 401k matching, and appreciation for work-life balance. This is a continuing faculty status track position (equivalent of tenure) in the Harold B. Lee Library at Brigham Young University. BYU is located in Provo, Utah with easy access to a wide variety of recreational opportunities, sports, and cultural events. Learn more at https://jobs.lib.byu.edu/working-at-the-byu-library/
Brigham Young University is a privately owned and operated university of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and preference is given to qualified candidates who are members in good standing of the affiliated church.
To apply, go to:
Equal Opportunity Employer: m/f/Vets/Disability
BYU is an equal opportunity employer. Preference is given to qualified candidates who are members in good standing of the affiliated church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.