Chicago Community Trust
Hours per week: Flexible schedule up to 15 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm; internship runs June 16, 2020 – September 30, 2020
Salary: $15.00 per hour
The Archives and Records collects, organizes, and preserves material from the Trust’s history to be used in service of the Trust’s strategic operations and communications. Archives staff develop long-term storage, preservation, and retrieval mechanisms for hardcopy and electronic records and objects; develop electronic archives of images, documents, and audio-visual material; provide research and reference services to staff; and manage the staff library.
The Archives and Records intern plays an essential part in developing the archival collections and providing information services to staff. The position will focus heavily on processing and digitizing collections, and managing and cataloging digital records.
The intern will have the opportunity, beyond assigned duties, to learn more about the operation and use of a business archive by attending all-staff and department meetings.
- Create metadata for archival holdings, including photographs, ephemera, business records, media clips and communications, and audio-visual files
- Prepare hard copy records for digitization
- Prepare digital files for ingestion into digital asset management system (Eloquent)
- Perform research regarding Trust and local history
- Maintain publication and periodical subscriptions
- Maintain staff resource library
- Assist the Archivist in other information services duties as assigned
- Assist with work related to Strategic Communications as assigned
- Coursework in metadata standards, archives and records management, digital curation, digital preservation, and/or digital libraries preferred
- Experience working with photograph and other image collections preferred
- Knowledge of contemporary archival and digitization practices, policies, and procedures, including arrangement, description and file formats is preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be in good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision