The Digitization Project Manager will oversee a three-year digitization project with the aim of increasing open access to the Wende Museum collection, including creating finding aids, digitizing documents, and making these materials available online. This newly created position will join the Collections Department and report to the Head of Collections. The project is funded for three years by a grant from Arcadia – a charitable fund of Lisbet Rausing and Peter Baldwin.
- Establish a digitization workflow, purchase equipment, and implement a Digital Asset Management System, working with the Head of Collections.
- Oversee digitization projects, including hands-on digitization, post-processing, quality control, and digital asset management.
- Create and edit finding aids for digitized materials, working with Collections staff.
- Supervise interns and volunteers.
- Create digitization policies and corresponding documentation, based on industry best practices.
- Assist with creating and refining rights, reproduction, and use policies, with a focus on addressing appropriate handling of sensitive materials.
- Ensure that digital content and assets are managed in conformity with best practices.
- Oversee ongoing development and enhancement of Online Collections functionality and design.
- Catalog items using the collections database (Mimsy XG), including research and descriptive writing.
- Manage project budget.
- Track benchmarks and report on project.
Full-time position, Monday – Friday, 10 am – 6 pm, grant-funded for three years.
Salary: $50,000 with medical/dental/vision benefits and paid time off.
Position is available March 2020.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with digitization technologies, techniques, and processes.
- Experience working in a museum, archive, library, or equivalent organization.
- Familiarity with collections management systems, digital asset management systems, online content management systems, basic HTML and CSS, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Comfort lifting 25 lbs.
- Excited about creating new systems, procedures, and policies
- Highly organized
- Proactive self-starter able to follow projects through to completion
- Able to multi-task a variety of activities, prioritizing conflicting needs
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to troubleshoot technological problems and find appropriate solutions
- Able to work effectively independently and also as a positive team player
- Able to demonstrate emotional maturity and strong interpersonal skills
To apply for this position, please click the “Apply for Job” link below.